Establishing a Tumor Bank in Families With Multiple Lymphoproliferative Malignancies
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00131014|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : August 17, 2005
Last Update Posted : November 18, 2016
|Condition or disease|
|Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Hodgkin's Disease Leukemia, Lymphocytic, Chronic Lymphoproliferative Disorders|
- Patients who participate will be asked to complete detailed family and medical history questionnaires initially, with a follow-up questionnaire every year.
- Patients will be asked to supply a blood sample and possibly a mouthwash sample, both of which can be done by mail.
- Patients will be asked to consent to the release of their lymphoma tissue block for the purposes of the study.
- Patients will be given letters of invitation for their affected relatives to invite them to participate.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1500 participants|
|Official Title:||Establishing a Tumor Bank and Initial Analysis of Germline and Tumor-Related Genetic Alterations in Families With Multiple Lymphoproliferative Malignancies|
|Study Start Date :||August 2004|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2020|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2020|
Next of Kin of deceased subject by lymphoma
Subject unaffected by lymphoma
Subject affected by lymphoma
- Genetic factors that contribute to the development of lymphomas and CLL [ Time Frame: Indefinite ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00131014
|Contact: Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhDemail@example.com|
|Contact: Kevin Hoangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute||Recruiting|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02115|
|Contact: Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhD 617-632-6692 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhD|
|Principal Investigator:||Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhD||Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|