Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Long-Acting Somatostatin Plus Percutaneous Ethanol Instillation (PEI) Versus Long-Acting Somatostatin Alone
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00121914|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified July 2005 by Medical University of Vienna.
Recruitment status was: Active, not recruiting
First Posted : July 21, 2005
Last Update Posted : October 18, 2005
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Carcinoma, Hepatocellular||Procedure: percutaneous ethanol instillation (PEI)||Phase 3|
This is a randomized two-arm parallel group study.
- Study group: PEI + long-acting somatostatin
- Control group: long-acting somatostatin alone
Aims of the study:
- Does treatment with PEI+ long-acting somatostatin prolong survival as compared to treatment with long-acting somatostatin alone?
- Can time to tumour progression be extended in patients treated with PEI + long-acting somatostatin as compared to treatment with long-acting somatostatin alone?
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||120 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Randomized Controlled Study With Long-Acting Somatostatin Plus Percutaneous Ethanol Instillation (PEI) Versus Long-Acting Somatostatin Alone|
|Study Start Date :||October 2000|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||July 2005|
- survival time
- time to tumour progression
- quality of life
- causes of death
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00121914
|Universitaetsklinik fuer Innere Medizin IV / Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie|
|Vienna, Austria, 1090|
|Principal Investigator:||Christian Mueller, MD||Universitaetsklinik fuer Innere Medizin IV|