CCI-779 and EKB-569 in Treating Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Drug: pelitinib Drug: temsirolimus||Phase 1|
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: None (Open Label)
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Phase 1 Trial of CCI-779 in Combination With EKB-569, an EGFR Inhibitor, in Patients With Solid Tumors|
- Maximum tolerated dose (MTD) defined as the dose level below the lowest dose that induces dose-limiting toxicity in at least one-third of patients [ Time Frame: Up to 28 days ]
- Number and severity of all adverse events per National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI CTCAE) v3.0 [ Time Frame: Up to 30 days after last dose of study treatment ]Frequency distributions, graphical techniques and other descriptive measures will form the basis of these analyses.
- Best response according to the Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) [ Time Frame: Time from the start of the treatment until disease progression/recurrence, assessed up to 3 years ]
- Time until any treatment related toxicity [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Time until treatment related grade 3+ toxicity [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Time until hematologic nadirs (white blood cells [WBC], absolute neutrophil count [ANC], platelets) [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Time to progression [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
- Time to treatment failure [ Time Frame: Time from registration to documentation of progression, unacceptable toxicity, or refusal to continue participation by the patient, assessed up to 3 years ]
|Study Start Date:||October 2004|
|Primary Completion Date:||October 2007 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Experimental: Arm I
Patients receive oral EKB-569 on days 1-28 and oral CCI-779 on days 1-7 and 15-21.
Other Name: EKB-569Drug: temsirolimus
I. Determine the maximum tolerated dose of the combination of CCI-779 and EKB-569 in patients with advanced solid tumors.
II. Determine the toxicity of this regimen in these patients. III. Determine the response rate in patients treated with this regimen.
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation study. Patients are assigned to 1 of 3 treatment groups.
Group I: Patients receive oral EKB-569 on days 1-28 and oral CCI-779 on days 1-7 and 15-21.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of EKB-569 and CCI-779 until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 3 or 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity.
Group II: Patients receive oral EKB-569 at the MTD on days 4-28 of course 1 and days 1-28 of all subsequent courses and CCI-779 at the MTD on days 1-3 and 15-17.
Group III: Patients receive EKB-569 at the MTD as in group I and oral CCI-779 at the MTD on days 7-9 and 19-21 of course 1 and days 1-3 and 15-17 of all subsequent courses.
In all groups, courses repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 30-42 patients (18-30 for group I, 6 for group II, and 6 for group III) will be accrued for this study within 1.35-1.75 years.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00098501
|United States, Minnesota|
|Rochester, Minnesota, United States, 55905|
|Principal Investigator:||Charles Erlichman||Mayo Clinic|