BMS-599626 in Treating Patients With Metastatic Solid Tumors
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00093730|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 8, 2004
Last Update Posted : October 4, 2012
RATIONALE: BMS-599626 may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for their growth.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of BMS-599626 in treating patients with metastatic solid tumors.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Drug: BMS-59926||Phase 1|
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose, biologically active dose, and recommended phase II dose(s) of BMS-599626 in patients with metastatic HER2/neu-overexpressing primary solid tumors.
- Determine the safety and tolerability of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the effect of this drug on biomarkers and predictive markers of HER1 and HER2 in skin and tumor in these patients.
- Evaluate tumor metabolic activity in response to this drug in these patients.
- Determine, preliminarily, evidence of anti-tumor activity of this drug in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, dose-escalation, multicenter study.
Patients receive oral BMS-599626 once daily on days 1-21. Courses repeat every 28 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of BMS-599626 until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity. Once the MTD is determined, 20 patients are treated at that dose level.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: Approximately 3-60 patients will be accrued for this study within 1 year.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||9 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase I Study Of BMS-599626 In Patients With Advanced Solid Malignancies That Express Her2|
|Study Start Date :||August 2004|
|Primary Completion Date :||April 2006|
|Experimental: BMS-59926||Drug: BMS-59926|
- maximum tolerated dose of BMS-599626 [ Time Frame: 28 days ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00093730
|United States, California|
|Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90095-1781|
|Study Chair:||Mark D. Pegram, MD||Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center|