Olanzapine in Patients With Borderline Personality Disorder
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00091650|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 27, 2004
Last Update Posted : July 24, 2006
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Borderline Personality Disorder||Drug: Olanzapine Drug: placebo||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Efficacy and Safety of Olanzapine in Patients With Borderline Personality Disorder: A Randomized Flexible Dose Double-Blind Comparison With Placebo|
|Study Start Date :||March 2004|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||November 2005|
- To assess the efficacy of olanzapine therapy (2.5 to 20.0 mg/day) compared with placebo in patients greater than or
- equal to 18 years of age, with a diagnosis of BPD as defined by DSM-IV-TR criteria, in improving overall symptomatology as measured by the mean last observation
- carried forward (LOCF) change in the ZAN-BPD
- total score in up to 12 weeks of double-blind treatment.
- To assess the efficacy effect of olanzapine therapy (2.5 to 20.0 mg/day) compared with placebo in patients greater than or equal to 15 years of age and less than 18 years of age
- with BPD, as defined by DSM-IV-TR criteria, in improving overall symptomatology as measured by the mean LOCF change in the ZAN-BPD total score for up to 12 weeks of double-blind treatment.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00091650
Show 39 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Call 1-877-CTLILLY (1-877-285-4559) or 1-317-615-4559 Mon - Fri 9 AM - 5 PM Eastern time (UTC/GMT - 5 hours, EST)||Eli Lilly and Company|