Docetaxel, Capecitabine, and Cisplatin in Treating Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as docetaxel, capecitabine, and cisplatin, work in different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die. Giving more than one chemotherapy drug may kill more tumor cells.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of docetaxel, capecitabine, and cisplatin in treating patients with metastatic or unresectable solid tumors.
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Drug: capecitabine Drug: cisplatin Drug: docetaxel||Phase 1|
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Phase I and Pharmacokinetics Study of Docetaxel in Combination With Capecitabine and Cisplatin in Solid Tumors|
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of docetaxel, cisplatin, and capecitabine in patients with advanced solid tumors. [ Time Frame: Every 21 days ]
- Determine the non-dose-limiting toxic effects associated with this regimen in these patients [ Time Frame: Every 21 days ]
|Study Start Date:||May 2002|
|Study Completion Date:||December 2009|
|Primary Completion Date:||November 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of docetaxel, cisplatin, and capecitabine in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Determine the dose-limiting toxicity and recommended phase II dose of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the non-dose-limiting toxic effects associated with this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine any clinical activity of this regimen in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation study.
Patients receive docetaxel IV over 30 minutes and cisplatin IV over 30 minutes on days 1 and 8 and oral capecitabine twice daily on days 1-14. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of docetaxel, cisplatin, and capecitabine until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 3 or 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity. At least 6 patients receive treatment at the MTD.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A minimum of 21 patients will be accrued for this study within 1.5 years.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00084734
|United States, New York|
|Roswell Park Cancer Institute|
|Buffalo, New York, United States, 14263-0001|
|Principal Investigator:||Marwan Fakih, MD||Roswell Park Cancer Institute|