Docetaxel, Capecitabine, and Cisplatin in Treating Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00084734|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 11, 2004
Last Update Posted : January 13, 2014
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as docetaxel, capecitabine, and cisplatin, work in different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die. Giving more than one chemotherapy drug may kill more tumor cells.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of docetaxel, capecitabine, and cisplatin in treating patients with metastatic or unresectable solid tumors.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Drug: capecitabine Drug: cisplatin Drug: docetaxel||Phase 1|
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of docetaxel, cisplatin, and capecitabine in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Determine the dose-limiting toxicity and recommended phase II dose of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the non-dose-limiting toxic effects associated with this regimen in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this regimen in these patients.
- Determine any clinical activity of this regimen in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation study.
Patients receive docetaxel IV over 30 minutes and cisplatin IV over 30 minutes on days 1 and 8 and oral capecitabine twice daily on days 1-14. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 3-6 patients receive escalating doses of docetaxel, cisplatin, and capecitabine until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 3 or 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity. At least 6 patients receive treatment at the MTD.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A minimum of 21 patients will be accrued for this study within 1.5 years.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||61 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase I and Pharmacokinetics Study of Docetaxel in Combination With Capecitabine and Cisplatin in Solid Tumors|
|Study Start Date :||May 2002|
|Primary Completion Date :||November 2009|
|Study Completion Date :||December 2009|
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of docetaxel, cisplatin, and capecitabine in patients with advanced solid tumors. [ Time Frame: Every 21 days ]
- Determine the non-dose-limiting toxic effects associated with this regimen in these patients [ Time Frame: Every 21 days ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00084734
|United States, New York|
|Roswell Park Cancer Institute|
|Buffalo, New York, United States, 14263-0001|
|Principal Investigator:||Marwan Fakih, MD||Roswell Park Cancer Institute|