Rituximab and Yttrium Y 90 Ibritumomab Tiuxetan in Treating Patients With Recurrent Primary CNS Lymphoma
RATIONALE: Monoclonal antibodies, such as rituximab and yttrium Y 90 ibritumomab tiuxetan, can locate cancer cells and either kill them or deliver radioactive cancer-killing substances to them without harming normal cells.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying how well giving yttrium Y 90 ibritumomab tiuxetan together with rituximab works in treating patients with recurrent primary CNS lymphoma.
|Study Design:||Primary Purpose: Treatment|
|Official Title:||A Pilot Study of Radiolabeled Indium-111 and Yttrium-90 Ibritumomab Tiuxetan in Primary CNS Lymphoma|
- Dosimetry at 1, 24, and 48 hours [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Safety by NCI common toxicty criteria [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
- Radiographic response at 1 and 3 months [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||December 2004|
|Primary Completion Date:||May 2007 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Determine the absorbed radiation doses of CNS lesions after administration of indium In 111 ibritumomab tiuxetan (for imaging) in patients with recurrent primary CNS lymphoma.
- Determine the safety of a therapeutic dose of yttrium Y 90 ibritumomab tiuxetan in these patients.
- Determine the radiographic response in patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: Patients receive rituximab IV on day 1. Within 4 hours after rituximab administration, patients receive indium In 111 ibritumomab tiuxetan IV over 10 minutes. Patients then undergo whole body imaging. Patients whose dosimetry indicates that their CNS lesion would receive a sufficient radioimmunotherapy dose receive a therapeutic dose of yttrium Y 90 ibritumomab tiuxetan IV over 20-30 minutes on day 7.
Patients are followed monthly for 3 months, every 3 months for 2 years, and then every 6 months for 2 years.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 10 patients will be accrued for this study.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00082836
|United States, New York|
|Memorial Sloan - Kettering Cancer Center|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|
|Principal Investigator:||Lauren E. Abrey, MD||Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.|