Liposomal Doxorubicin in Treating Patients With Stage IIB, Stage IVA, or Stage IVB Recurrent or Refractory Mycosis Fungoides
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00074087|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 11, 2003
Last Update Posted : July 17, 2015
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy, such as liposomal doxorubicin, use different ways to stop cancer cells from dividing so they stop growing or die.
PURPOSE: Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of liposomal doxorubicin in treating patients who have stage IIB, stage IVA, or stage IVB recurrent or refractory mycosis fungoides.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lymphoma||Drug: pegylated liposomal doxorubicin hydrochloride||Phase 2|
- Determine the antitumor activity of doxorubicin HCl liposome, in terms of response rate (complete response and partial response), in patients with stage IIB, IVA, or IVB recurrent or refractory mycosis fungoides.
- Determine the time to progression and duration of response in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the toxicity of this drug in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, nonrandomized, multicenter study.
Patients receive doxorubicin HCl liposome IV over 1 hour on days 1 and 15. Treatment repeats every 28 days for up to 6 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity or until a maximum cumulative anthracycline(s) dose of 400 mg/m^2 has been reached (including anthracyclines from prior treatment).
Patients are followed every 12 weeks until disease progression.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 48 patients will be accrued for this study within 1 year.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||49 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase II Clinical Trial With Caelyx Mono-Chemotherapy in Patients With Advanced Mycosis Fungoides Stage IIb, IVa and IVb With or Without Previous Chemotherapy|
|Study Start Date :||October 2003|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2009|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2010|
doxorubicin HCl liposome IV over 1 hour on days 1 and 15. Treatment repeats every 28 days for up to 6 courses.
|Drug: pegylated liposomal doxorubicin hydrochloride|
- Response (complete clinical [CCR] and partial resp. [PR]) rate by Tumor Burden Index for cutaneous disease and appearance or disappearance of lesions for noncutaneous disease every 8 wks during treatment and then every 12 wks until progression
- Time to progression measured by Tumor Burden Index for cutaneous disease and appearance or disappearance of lesions for noncutaneous disease every 8 weeks during treatment
- Duration of response measured by Tumor Burden Index for cutaneous disease and appearance or disappearance of lesions for noncutaneous disease every 8 weeks during treatment and then every 12 weeks until progression
- Toxicity assessed by CTC v.2.0 at the end of each course
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00074087
|Graz, Austria, A-8010|
|Allgemeines Krankenhaus - Universitatskliniken|
|Vienna, Austria, A-1090|
|Essen, Germany, D-45122|
|Klinikum der Friedrich-Schiller Universitaet Jena|
|Jena, Germany, D-07740|
|Klinikum der Stadt Mannheim|
|Mannheim, Germany, D-68135|
|Minden, Germany, D-32423|
|Julius Maximilians Universitaet Hospital|
|Wuerzburg, Germany, D-97080|
|Rambam Medical Center|
|Haifa, Israel, 31096|
|Universita di Torino|
|Turin, Italy, 10126|
|Zurich, Switzerland, CH-8091|
|St. Thomas' Hospital|
|London, England, United Kingdom, SE1 9RT|
|Study Chair:||Reinhard Dummer, MD||UniversitaetsSpital Zuerich|