GW786034 in Treating Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors
RATIONALE: GW786034 may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking the enzymes necessary for tumor cell growth and by stopping blood flow to the tumor.
PURPOSE: This phase I trial is studying the side effects and best dose of GW786034 in treating patients with advanced solid tumors.
|Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific||Drug: pazopanib hydrochloride||Phase 1|
|Study Design:||Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Phase I, Open Label, Multiple Dose, Dose Escalation Study OF GW786034 In Patients With Solid Tumors|
- Safety and toxicity assessed weekly during treatment
- Disease response every 9 weeks
|Study Start Date:||December 2002|
|Study Completion Date:||June 2009|
- Determine the safety and tolerability of GW786034 in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the clinical response in patients treated with this drug.
- Evaluate the effect of this drug on biomarkers of angiogenesis activity in order to estimate activity and to determine the minimum biologically active dose in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, nonrandomized, dose-escalation, multicenter study.
Patients receive oral GW786034 twice daily. Treatment continues in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 2-6 patients receive escalating doses of GW786034 until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity.
Patients are followed at 21 days.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: Approximately 30-50 patients will be accrued for this study.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00060151
|United States, North Carolina|
|Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Durham, North Carolina, United States, 27710|
|United States, Ohio|
|Case Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Cleveland, Ohio, United States, 44106-5065|
|Study Chair:||Afshin Dowlati, MD||Case Comprehensive Cancer Center|