Perifosine in Treating Patients With Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00053924|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 6, 2003
Last Update Posted : July 23, 2015
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy use different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die.
PURPOSE: Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of perifosine in treating patients who have locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pancreatic Cancer||Drug: perifosine||Phase 2|
- Determine the efficacy of perifosine, in terms of 6-month survival, in patients with advanced adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- Determine the safety and tolerability of this drug in these patients.
- Determine median survival time and the 1-year survival rate of patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the objective response rate (partial and complete), response duration, and time to progression in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the toxicity of this drug in these patients.
OUTLINE: Patients receive oral perifosine daily for 3 weeks. Courses repeat every 4 weeks in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Patients are followed every 3 months.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 17-37 patients will be accrued for this study within 15 months.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 2 Study Of Perifosine As Second Line Therapy For Advanced Pancreatic Carcinoma|
|Study Start Date :||May 2003|
|Primary Completion Date :||May 2006|
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00053924
|Margaret and Charles Juravinski Cancer Centre|
|Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8V 5C2|
|Cancer Care Ontario-London Regional Cancer Centre|
|London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 4L6|
|Princess Margaret Hospital|
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2M9|
|Study Chair:||Malcolm J. Moore, MD||Princess Margaret Hospital, Canada|