10-Propargyl-10-Deazaaminopterin in Treating Patients With Recurrent or Refractory Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma or Hodgkin's Lymphoma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00052442|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 27, 2003
Last Update Posted : December 4, 2013
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy use different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die.
PURPOSE: Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of 10-propargyl-10-deazaaminopterin in treating patients who have recurrent or refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or Hodgkin's lymphoma.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lymphoma||Drug: pralatrexate||Phase 2|
- Determine the efficacy of 10-propargyl-10-deazaaminopterin, in terms of objective response rate, duration of response, and time to disease progression, in patients with relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Determine the impact of pharmacokinetics on toxicity and drug elimination in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the toxicity of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the effect of prior chemotherapy response duration on duration of response in patients treated with this drug.
- Correlate, if possible, the pharmacodynamics (area under the curve) of this drug with tumor response and toxicity (mucositis) in these patients.
- Correlate, if possible, intraerythrocytic folate or homocysteine levels with severity of mucositis in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine whether levels of the RFC-1 folate transporter, folylpolyglutamate synthetase, and folylpolyglutamate hydrolase are markers of response in patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label study.
Patients receive 10-propargyl-10-deazaaminopterin IV over 1 hour on day 1. Courses repeat every 14 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Patients achieving a complete response (CR) may receive 2 additional courses beyond the CR.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 39-72 patients (12-35 for cohort 1 and 17-37 for cohort 2) will be accrued for this study within 10-36 months.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase II Study of 10-Propargyl-10-Deazaaminopterin (PDX) in Relapsed or Refractory Aggressive Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas and Hodgkin's Disease|
|Study Start Date :||August 2002|
|Primary Completion Date :||March 2009|
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00052442
|United States, New York|
|Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|
|Study Chair:||Owen A. O'Connor, MD, PhD||Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center|