VEGF Trap in Treating Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Solid Tumors or Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
RATIONALE: VEGF Trap may stop the growth of solid tumors or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma by stopping blood flow to the cancer.
PURPOSE: Phase I trial to study the effectiveness of VEGF Trap in patients who have relapsed or refractory solid tumors or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Unspecified Adult Solid Tumor, Protocol Specific
|Study Design:||Primary Purpose: Treatment|
|Official Title:||An Open-Label, Sequential Cohort Dose-Escalation Safety, Tolerability And Pharmacokinetic Study Of VEGF Trap In Patients With Incurable, Relapsed Or Refractory Solid Tumors Or Lymphoma|
|Study Start Date:||November 2001|
|Primary Completion Date:||March 2002 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Determine the safety and tolerability of VEGF Trap in patients with incurable relapsed or refractory solid tumors or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Determine the maximum tolerated dose of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this drug in these patients.
- Evaluate the ability of this drug to bind and inactivate circulating vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in these patients.
- Determine the dosing regimen that is optimal for neutralization of circulating VEGF in these patients.
- Determine whether antibodies to this drug develop in these patients.
- Assess, preliminarily, the ability of this drug to alter tumor vascular permeability and tumor growth in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation study.
Patients receive VEGF Trap subcutaneously once daily on days 1, 29, 36, 43, 50, 57, and 64 in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Cohorts of 1-6 patients receive escalating doses of VEGF Trap until the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) is determined. The MTD is defined as the dose preceding that at which 2 of 6 patients experience dose-limiting toxicity. Once the MTD is determined, 5 additional patients are treated at the MTD.
Patients are followed at 1 and 4 weeks.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A maximum of 30 patients will be accrued for this study.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00036946
|United States, New York|
|Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|
|Study Chair:||Jakob Dupont, MD||Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center|