Investigation of the Human Immune Response in Normal Subjects and Patients With Disorders of the Immune System and Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00001582|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : November 4, 1999
Last Update Posted : April 20, 2020
|Condition or disease|
|T-cell Lymphoma B-Cell Lymphoma ATL Myeloma|
- The evaluation of the cells of the immune system and HTLV-1 infection have been a central focus of the Metabolism Branch for the past 30 years.
- Blood obtained by apheresis or blood drawing, skin biopsies and other tissues will be evaluated for abnormalities related to immunity, HTLV-1 infection and the immune system.
- Advances in the characterization of acquired genetic changes in tumor samples has
led to insights for the development of targeted therapy of malignancy
- To characterize the molecular biology and immunological features as well as the clinical course of individuals with suspected or known disorders of the immune system or cancer.
- To define the nature of the immunological, genetic and epigenetic abnormalities in the cells of patients with immunodeficiency diseases associated with infections and/or a high incidence of malignancy and in patients with cancer.
- To obtain whole blood, plasma, and leukocytes, as well as skin, lymph node and bone marrow biopsies on patients with immunodeficiency or cancer to investigate the immune system.
- Subjects with cancer.
- Subjects with immunodeficiency.
- Subjects with HTLV-1 infection.
-This is a natural history study that permits tissue acquisition for analysis of the immune system and HTLV-1 infection.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||1000 participants|
|Official Title:||Collection of Blood, Bone Marrow and Tissue Samples for the Investigation of the Human Immune Response, Lymphoma Biology and HTLV-1 Infection|
|Actual Study Start Date :||June 7, 1997|
Suspected or known disorder of the immune system or cancer; or, known or potential carrier of autoimmune disorder or immunodeficiency disease.
- Create Biobank [ Time Frame: Ongoing ]No statistical endpoints are identified for this study; the purpose of the study is to acquire information regarding various immunodeficiency syndromes, HTLV-1 infection and malignancies. The data collected will not be combined for a summary report of the entire study; however, reports for specific disease entities may be published.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00001582
|Contact: NCI Medical Oncology Referral Office||(240) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Thomas A Waldmann, M.D.||(240) email@example.com|
|United States, Maryland|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike||Recruiting|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Contact: For more information at the NIH Clinical Center contact National Cancer Institute Referral Office (888) NCI-1937|
|Principal Investigator:||Thomas A Waldmann, M.D.||National Cancer Institute (NCI)|