Degree of Worry as a Predictor for Utilization of Acute Health Care
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02979457|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 1, 2016
Last Update Posted : May 14, 2018
The overall aim of the study is to construct a scale that systematically incorporates the callers' perspective in a "degree of worry - scale" and to explore the consequences for the actors in the system - caller, call-handler, and health care system.
This will be done through four independent studies.
- Is it possible to validate "the degree of worry" scale with the software system "Corti"?
- Does callers' degree of worry relieve after telephone consultation?
- Does call handlers' awareness of degree of worry affect triage outcome?
- Is callers' degree of worry a predictor of illness severity?
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Health Care Delivery Telephone Hotlines Patient Participation||Behavioral: Awareness of degree of worry||Not Applicable|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||11340 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Care Provider)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Early Patient Involvement in Out-of-hours Health Care|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 24, 2017|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 15, 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||May 1, 2018|
No Intervention: no awareness of Degree of Worry
Call handler is not made aware of caller's DOW on computer screen
Experimental: awareness of Degree of Worry
Call handler is made aware of caller's DOW on computer screen alongside patient information as address etc.
Behavioral: Awareness of degree of worry
degree of worry is a definition made for this project. It is roothed in coping psychology but has been influenced by the construct of self-rated health. Will blinding of DOW have an effect on triage outcome.
Other Name: DOW
- call-handlers awareness of callers' DOW affects triage outcome [ Time Frame: Call-handlers awareness of callers' DOW will be randomized during telephone consultation. ]outcome measures = triage outcome Triage outcome is the triage response given to the caller: direct admission, out-of-hours clinic consultation, home visit, se GP during office hours advice on self-care
- Does telephone consultation have a relieving effect on callers to a medical hotline? [ Time Frame: before and after measurement of DOW. After measurement is an computer assisted telephone datacollection 20 minutes and one hour after terminated call ]Depending if the after DOW measurement is completed the caller (telephone call) the caller will be resent a text message with the same question (DOW) twice.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02979457
|Ballerup, Denmark, 2750|
|Principal Investigator:||hejdi gamst-jensen, MSc||Emergency Medical Services, Copenhagen Denmark|