Olmesartan Medoxomil and Diabetic Nephropathy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00362960|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 15, 2006
Last Update Posted : October 9, 2006
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Diabetic Nephropathy Proteinuria Renal Disease||Drug: Olmesartan medoxomil Drug: Losartan||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Enrollment :||300 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Effect of Different Doses of Olmesartan Medoxomil Compared to Losartan on Proteinuria, Renal Function and Inflammatory Markers in Type 2 Diabetics With Nephropathy|
|Study Start Date :||May 2003|
|Study Completion Date :||September 2004|
- Efficacy of olmesartan medoxomil doses compared to losartan in
- patients with type 2 diabetes and nephropathy in terms of the change in
- proteinuria (total urinary protein excretion) from baseline.
- Efficacy of the treatment with olmesartan medoxomil dosages compared to
- losartan in patients with type 2 diabetes and nephropathy in terms of
- change in:
- creatinine clearance (CLCR)
- the protein pattern (nephelometry)
- inflammatory markers (circulating serum markers).
- Evaluate safety and tolerability of all treatments.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00362960
|Frydlant v Cechach, Czech Republic|
|Liberec, Czech Republic|
|Prague, Czech Republic|
|Grodzisk Mazowiecki, Poland|
|Banska Bystrica, Slovakia|
|Nove Zamky, Slovakia|
|Principal Investigator:||H Haller, MD||Hannover Medical School|