Myotonic Dystrophy and Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy Registry
Muscular Dystrophy, Facioscapulohumeral
|Study Design:||Time Perspective: Prospective|
|Official Title:||National Registry of Myotonic Dystrophy and Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy Patients and Family Members|
- Patient reported outcomes [ Time Frame: Annual ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||September 2000|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||June 2018|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 2018 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
The National Registry of DM and FSHD Patients and Family Members was developed to create a link between patients and scientists in order to promote research on these rare illnesses. The Registry is sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.
Patients that are interested in joining the Registry can email or call to request an application or download the forms from the website (www.dystrophyregistry.org). The Application packet contains:
- A Patient Information Form, which asks about your muscle strength, general health, and how your disease affects your daily life
- A Medical Records Release Form, which allows us to contact your doctor and obtain records about your diagnosis
- An informed Consent Form, which describes the study's purpose and what you can expect while you are involved with the project.
After you are enrolled in the Registry, there are several ways to participate in research. The activities include:
- Complete an annual update form to help us keep track of how your symptoms change over time.
- Receive updates about the progress of the Registry, research highlights, and other news related to muscular dystrophy through newsletters, an email listserv, and Facebook.
- Receive letters from the Registry when researchers are looking for patients to take part in studies. These projects may include filling out questionnaires, exploring new treatments, and other types of research.
There is no obligation to participate in these activities. Taking part in any study or filling out the annual updates are completely up to you.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00082108
|Contact: Registry Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|United States, New York|
|University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Neurology||Recruiting|
|Rochester, New York, United States, 14642|
|Contact: Registry Coordinator 888-925-4302 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Richard T. Moxley, III, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Rabi Tawil, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Charles Thornton, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Richard T. Moxley, III, MD||University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Neurology|