Study About Patients Using Copper Intrauterine Device (IUD)
This study is currently recruiting participants.
Verified February 2012 by Egymedicalpedia
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
First received: February 14, 2012
Last updated: February 28, 2012
Last verified: February 2012
THE AIM OF THE this study is to assess the hemodynamic changes of uterine artery in patients with CIUD induced bleeding by using transvaginal color Doppler indices (uterine artery resistance index and pulsatility index) to prove the relationship between these changes and bleeding in these patient .
Copper Intrauterine Device Induced Bleeding
||Observational Model: Case Control
Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
||Uterine Haemodynamic Changes in Patients With Copper Intrauterine Device Induced Bleeding
| Estimated Enrollment:
| Study Start Date:
| Estimated Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||January 2012 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
copper IUD used
Group I: includes 50 cases using CIUD and complaining of menorrhagia or menometrorrhagia.
Group II: includes 50 cases using CIUD and not complaining of abnormal uterine bleeding.
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years to 35 Years
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
primary care clinic, hospital out patient clinic
- Regularly menstruating women before CIUD insertion.
- Age between 18 and 35 years.
- Hormonal treatment has not been taken at least two months before the study.
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs has not been taken 24 hours before the examination.
- The presence of pelvic pathology as ovarian cysts, pelvic endometriosis, endometrial polyps or fibrosis.
- Present or past history of pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Patients on hormonal treatment in the last two months before the study.
- Patients on non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs last 24 hours before the examination.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01541241
|Contact: Mohamed SE Elsafty, lecturer
||01003922211 ext 002
|Contact: Mohamed Elmandouh Mohamed, ass proff
|Shoubra Maternity Hospital
|Cairo, Shoubra, Egypt |
|Contact: Ayman Abdelazeem elgamal, Resident 010003385499 ext 002 |
|Contact: Mohamed SE Elsafty, Lecture 01003922211 ext 002 |
|Principal Investigator: Ayman Abdelazim Elgamal, resident |
||Ayman Abdelazim Elgamal, Residant
||Shoubra General Hospital
No publications provided
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||February 14, 2012
||February 28, 2012
||Egypt: Ministry of Health and Population
Keywords provided by Egymedicalpedia:
Intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD) is one of the most frequently used methods of birth control around the world
Uterine Hemodynamic changes
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on May 16, 2013
Physiological Effects of Drugs