Efficacy and Safety of Insulin Glulisine in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
This study has been completed.
Information provided by:
First received: February 10, 2006
Last updated: August 25, 2009
Last verified: March 2009
- To evaluate the superiority in the efficacy of HMR1964 and OHA combination therapy as compared with OHA therapy.
- To evaluate the superiority in the efficacy of HMR1964 mono-therapy as compared with OHA therapy.
- To evaluate the safety of HMR1964.
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of HMR1964 Intensive Therapy in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Not Optimally Controlled With Oral Hypoglycemic Agents (OHA); OHA Therapy Controlled, Open, Randomized, Parallel Group, Comparative (Superiority), 16-week, Multinational, Multicenter Study|
Resource links provided by NLM:
U.S. FDA Resources
Further study details as provided by Sanofi:
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Efficacy: change in HbA1C from baseline to endpoint (superiority of HMR1964 and OHA combination therapy as compared to OHA therapy, superiority of HMR1964 mono-therapy as compared to OHA therapy)
- Safety of HMR1964
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- change in HbA1C from baseline to week 16,consecutive change in HbA1C every 4 wks,plasma glucose parameters, symptomatic hypoglycemia (comparison of HMR1964 intensive therapy, mono-or OHA combination therapy, with OHA therapy).
|Study Start Date:||December 2003|
Contacts and Locations