Studies in Fasted Healthy, Normal Subjects to Compare the Single Dose Bioavailability of Torrent's Zolpidem Tartrate Tablets 10 mg and Sanofi-Synthelabo's Ambien® 10 mg Tablets
This study has been completed.
Information provided by:
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
First received: July 13, 2009
Last updated: July 22, 2009
Last verified: July 2009
- To compare the rate and extent of absorption of Zolpidem Tablets 10mg: Test Product: Zolpidem Tablets 10mg manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited, India Reference Product: Ambien® Tablets 10 mg (Reference Listed Drug) manufactured by Sanofi- Synthelabo Inc. under fasting conditions in 24+2 healthy, adult, human subjects.
- Open label, randomized, two-period, two-treatment, two-sequence single dose crossover design.
Drug: Zolpidem Tablets
||Studies in Fasted Healthy, Normal Subjects to Compare the Single Dose Bioavailability of Torrent's Zolpidem Tartrate Tablets 10 mg and Sanofi-Synthelabo's Ambien® 10 mg Tablets
Primary Outcome Measures:
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years to 45 Years
|Genders Eligible for Study:
- Male and female subjects in the range of 18 - 45 years of age.
- Body weight within ± 15% of ideal weight as related to height and body frame according to Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) Chart. (Appendix A)
- Subjects with normal findings as determined by baseline history, physical examination and vital signs (blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration rate and body temperature)
- Subjects with normal findings as determined by hematological tests, serum chemistry, urine analysis, ECG and X-ray.
- Willingness to follow the protocol requirement as evidenced by written, informed consent.
- Agreeing to, not using any medication (prescription and over the counter), including vitamins and minerals for 15 days prior to study and during the course of the study.
- No history or presence of significant alcoholism or drug abuse in the past one year.
- Non-smokers, ex smokers and light smokers will be included. "Light smokers are defined as someone smoking 10 cigarettes or less per day, ex smokers as someone who completely stopped smoking for at least 3 months.
- Requiring medication for any ailment including enzyme-modifying drugs Use of any drugs known to induce or inhibit hepatic drug metabolism (e.g.s, inducers: barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin, glucocorticoids, omeprazole; inhibitors: SSRIs, cimetidine, diltiazem, macrolides, imidazoles, neuroleptics, verapamil, fluoroquinolones, antihistamines) within 30 days prior to administration of the study medication.
- Any medical or surgical conditions, which might significantly interfere with the functioning of gastrointestinal tract, blood-forming organs etc.
- History of cardiovascular, renal, hepatic, ophthalmic, pulmonary, neurological, metabolic diseases.
- History of psychiatric disorder or history of suicide attempt.
- Participation in a clinical drug study or bioequivalence study 90 days prior to present study.
- History of malignancy or other serious diseases.
- Refusal to abstain from food for ten (10) hours prior to study drug administration the day of each study period and for four (4) additional hours each, post dose.
- Refusal to abstain from water for one (1) hour prior to study drug administration the day of each study period and for two (2) additional hour, post dosing.
- Any contraindication to blood sampling.
- Refusal to abstain from smoking or consumption of tobacco products 24 hours before dosing until last sample collection of each period. Habituation of tobacco necessitating uninterrupted tobacco consumption.
- Use of xanthine-containing beverages or food for 48 hours prior to each drug dose.
- Blood donation 90 days prior to the commencement of the study.
- Subjects with positive HIV tests, HbsAg or Hepatitis-C tests.
- Known history of allergic reactions to zolpidem or other related drugs.
- History of drug abuse in the past one year.
- Use of prescription medication within 14 days prior to administration of study medication or over the counter products (including natural food supplements, vitamins, garlic as a supplement) within 2 weeks prior to administration of study medication, except for topical products without systemic absorption.
Pregnant and lactating women.
- At the time of screening, prior to enrollment, presence of pregnancy will be confirmed by urine pregnancy test.
- Female subjects not confirming to using birth control measures, from the date of screening till the completion of the second period of the study. Abstinence, barrier methods (condom, diaphragm, etc.) are acceptable. Use of hormonal contraceptives either oral or implants will not be acceptable.
- Female subjects whose menstruation cycle coincides with the study periods.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00939536
|Accutest Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India |
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
No publications provided
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||July 13, 2009
||July 22, 2009
||United States: Institutional Review Board
India: Institutional Review Board
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on June 18, 2013
Hypnotics and Sedatives
Central Nervous System Depressants
Physiological Effects of Drugs
Central Nervous System Agents
GABA-A Receptor Agonists
Molecular Mechanisms of Pharmacological Action