Japan Central Aortic Pressure Prospective Study (J-CARP)
This study is currently recruiting participants.
Verified June 2010 by Jichi Medical University
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Yoshio Matsui, Jichi Medical University
First received: November 18, 2010
Last updated: January 23, 2012
Last verified: June 2010
Purpose of the study
- The predictive value of central aortic pressure and aortic pulse wave velocity (PWV) in a Japanese population is not known. The purpose of this study is to quantify the predictive value of these indices in the determination of cardiovascular risk.
- Recently, a non-invasive method to separate the aortic pressure waveform into the separate ejection pressure wave and reflected pressure wave has become available. With this decomposition method, it is possible to estimate aortic PWV (named AVI). The second objective of this study is to determine if AVI can be a substitute for carotid-femoral PWV (cf-PWV), the current gold standard for aortic PWV measurement.
- To study vascular aging of the Japanese population by evaluating central blood pressure and aortic PWV by age, and compare these values to similar studies done in Caucasian and Chinese patient populations.
- To study the relationship between the magnitude of the aortic reflected pressure wave and the degree of left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy and LV diastolic function.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Central Blood Pressure Follow-up Study in Japanese|
Resource links provided by NLM:
Further study details as provided by Jichi Medical University:
Primary Outcome Measures:
- •Composite of following events: sudden death, cardiovascular death, stroke, coronary events, heart failure [ Time Frame: 5 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- New onset of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, or atrial fibrillation [ Time Frame: 5 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
|Study Start Date:||June 2010|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||June 2019|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Contacts and Locations
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01243840
|Iwakuni City Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Iwakuni, Yamaguchi, Japan, 740-0021|
|Contact: Yoshio Matsui +81-827-21-3211 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Yoshio Matsui, MD|
Sponsors and Collaborators
|Study Director:||Kazuomi Kario, MD||Jichi Medical University School of Medicine|