Monitoring of Nontraumatic Chest Pain Borne by the "Department of Emergency Help Medicalized" (SAMU) (DOLORES)
Support pre-hospital chest pain remains a difficult problem in both pre hospital regulation that when supported by the Mobile Services Emergency and Intensive Care (SMUR).
This ground of appeal underlying various pathologies especially acute coronary syndrome whose early care diagnostic and treatment significantly improves the prognosis.
The recognition and management of SCA is therefore a public health issue. Myocardial infarction (MI) is responsible for 10 to 12% of the total annual mortality in adults and coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death in France.
No studies have assessed the adequacy of regulation and management of chest pain SAMU for the diagnosis of SCA.
The main objective of the research is to have a descriptive analysis of the population controlled by the SAMU and the population served by the mobile emergency with chest pain. Also evaluate the adequacy of the proposed direction by the ambulance SAMU/SMUR and the final diagnosis and direction after passing emergency, cardiology and at follow-up to a year.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Monitoring of Nontraumatic Chest Pain Borne by the "Department of Emergency Help Medicalized" (SAMU)|
- Direction [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Matching the direction proposed by the ambulance and the final diagnosis
|Study Start Date:||November 2009|
|Study Completion Date:||May 2012|
|Primary Completion Date:||November 2011 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
All patients that call to the SAMU-ACS because of chest pain are included
Course of study:
- Call the ambulance dispatch center: anamnestic data will be collected by the regulator on a medical report forms The patient is identified by an anonymous number, "number of SAMU business". The CRA of Centre concerned, from this number of case (using the database of SAMU) capture, in the database of the French Society of Cardiology - FSC - the patient identification data (name , surname, date of birth, address, telephone number and the name and address of attending physician, these data will be necessary for the CRA to the FSC to follow up to 1 year)
- SMUR: if the patient arrives at SMUR, anamnestic data, clinical, laboratory, ECG, therapeutic, diagnostic and referral will be collected by the contact center on a paper CRF or on the computerized database of CFS by centers.
- Emergency Service: If the patient comes to the ER, the clinical, laboratory, ECG, diagnostic output will be collected on a paper CRF or the computerized database of CFS according to the center by the referent of Centre concerned.
- Cardiology service : if the patient arrives in the cardiology service, laboratory, ECG, diagnostic output will be collected on a paper CRF or the computerized database of CFS according to the center by the referring cardiologist DOLORES center.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01236157
|French Society of Cardiology|
|Principal Investigator:||Christian Spaulding||AP-HP|