DC Vaccine Therapy Combined With Cytokine-Induced Killer Cell in Treating Patients With Renal Cell Carcinoma
The purpose of this study is to show if vaccination with autologous dendritic cells pulsed with tumor lysate in combination with Cytokine-Induced Killer Cell (CIK) can induce a measurable immune response in patients with renal cell carcinoma, and to evaluate the clinical effect of the regimen.
Renal Cell Carcinoma
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Study of Autologous Dendritic Cells (DC) Loaded With Autologous Tumor Lysate (DC-Vaccine) in Combination With Cytokine-Induced Killer Cell (CIK) in Patients With Renal Cell Cancer|
- Objective tumor response (complete and partial response), Time to recurrence (TTR), Progression-free(PFS) and overall survival(OS) as measured by RECIST criteria. [ Time Frame: every 3 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Immunity as measured by T-cell functionality (immuknow assay )to the tumor. Safety as measured by NCI common toxicity table （CTC） at completion of study. [ Time Frame: at screening, baseline, weeks 4 , 12 and years 1 after first vaccination, and at completion of study treatment ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
|Study Start Date:||March 2009|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||December 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 2015 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
|Placebo Comparator: IL-2/IFN-α||
Patients receive treatment of IL-2 or IFN-α.
Other Name: 2
Patients receive autologous dendritic cells (DC) loaded with autologous tumor lysate (DC vaccine) by endermic injection and infusion of CIK cells.
Other Name: 1
The purpose of this study is to show if vaccination with autologous dendritic cells pulsed with tumor lysate in combination with Cytokine-Induced Killer Cell (CIK) can induce a measurable immune response in patients with renal cell carcinoma, and to evaluate the clinical effect of the regime.
1. Determine the clinical responses(objective response, progression-free survival, and overall survival) in patients with renal cell carcinoma treated with autologous dendritic cells (DC) loaded with autologous tumor lysate (DC vaccine) in combination with Cytokine-Induced Killer Cell (CIK).
- Determine cellular immune response response in terms of immuknow assay, and correlate immune response with objective clinical response in patients treated with this regimen.
- Determine safety of multiple administrations of this regimens in these patients.
|Contact: Jianming Tan, Professor||008613375918000||TANJM156@YAHOO.COM.CN|
|Fuzhou General Hospital||Recruiting|
|Fuzhou, Fujian, China, 350025|
|Contact: Jianming Tan, M.D and Ph.D 008613375918000 TANJM156@YAHOO.COM.CN|
|Principal Investigator:||Jianming Tan, M.D.||Fuzhou General Hospital|