A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
RATIONALE: Gathering information about patients with breast cancer and their families may help the study of breast cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is gathering information about patients with breast cancer and their families.
Other: medical chart review
Other: questionnaire administration
Other: study of socioeconomic and demographic variables
Procedure: Excess human biological tissue
Procedure: quality-of-life assessment
|Study Design:||Time Perspective: Prospective|
|Official Title:||Development and Implementation of The Breast Cancer Collaborative Registry (BCCR)|
- Implementation of a web-based Breast Cancer Collaborative Registry at the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) centers [ Time Frame: Ongoing ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Web-based registry
- Merger of data collected under the Adult Oncology Data Collection Study and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Data Coordinating study at UNMC/NMC [ Time Frame: Ongoing ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Web-based registries.
- Standardization of clinical, environmental, socio-demographic, and family history data collected for breast cancer-related research and shared by the Eppley Breast Cancer Research Group collaborators [ Time Frame: Ongoing ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Web-based registry.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
|Study Start Date:||October 2006|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||December 2020 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Other: medical chart review
- To develop a web-based Breast Cancer Collaborative Registry (BCCR) as a repository for socio-demographic, environmental, clinical history, family history, and biospecimen data collected at the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) centers for participants with a personal history of breast cancer and/or characteristics of hereditary breast cancer.
- To merge the data already being collected on breast cancer patients under the Adult Oncology Data Collection Study and newly diagnosed breast cancer patients participating in the NCCN Data Coordinating study at UNMC/NMC.
- To standardize clinical, environmental, socio-demographic, and family history data for breast cancer-related information to be collected and shared for research purposes by Eppley Breast Cancer Research Group breast cancer research collaborators.
- To collect, validate, and disseminate the breast cancer-related data to establish a high-risk cohort for future research into the molecular and biological bases of breast cancer susceptibility and interventional trials.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Study participants undergo data collection related to breast cancer studies at one of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) centers for inclusion in the Breast Cancer Collaborative Registry (BCCR). The BCCR is a comprehensive computerized database that serves as a repository for socio-demographic, environmental, clinical history, family history, and biospecimen data collected for breast cancer patients treated on UNMC protocols. Central features of the registry include standardized data-entry forms and a relational database that can be used as a resource for the study of the pathology, immunology, cytogenetics, molecular biology, epidemiology, clinical features, and outcome of patients with benign, pre-malignant, or malignant breast disease.
Study participants complete a self-administered electronic or paper-based survey and a medical history questionnaire at baseline to provide information on demographics (e.g., age and sex); personal and family medical history; treatment history; lifestyle, physical activity, and dietary habits; quality of life; environmental exposure history; and the family tree for inclusion in the registry. Participants also undergo telephone or in-person structured interviews conducted by study coordinators, genetic counselors, or the System Coordinator of the BCCR to provide additional information or clarification of the information provided in the questionnaires.
Study participants also undergo review of their medical records and pathology reports to obtain detailed medical and treatment-related information for inclusion in the registry. The information collected includes retrospective and prospective disease-specific data (e.g., diagnosis, grade/stage, and laboratory values) and longitudinal outcome data (e.g., response to treatment, toxicity, survival, relapse) derived during prospective clinical follow-up.
Study participants are followed periodically to update relevant health and family histories.
|Contact: Elizabeth "Liz" Fleissner, RN BSNfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Marsha Ketcham, RN OCNemail@example.com|
|United States, Colorado|
|Penrose Cancer Center||Recruiting|
|Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States, 80907|
|Contact: Jodi Harr, Clinical Research Manager (719) 776-5270 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Marth Brown, R.N.|
|Principal Investigator: Kate Crow, MS CGC|
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Holyoke Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States, 01040|
|Contact: Maureen Nomakeo, R.N. 413-534-2500 Nomakeo_Maureen@holyokehealth.com|
|Contact: Lynn Downey, RHIT, CTR|
|Principal Investigator: Zubeena Mateen, M.D.|
|St. Vincent Hospital||Recruiting|
|Worcester, Massachusetts, United States, 01608|
|Contact: Pamela Sigel, R.N. (508) 363-7018 email@example.com|
|Contact: Enzo Centofanti, Exec Director firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: James Rooney, M.D.|
|United States, Nebraska|
|Saint Francis Cancer Treatment Center at Saint Francis Memorial Health Center||Recruiting|
|Grand Island, Nebraska, United States, 68803|
|Contact: Natalie Nielsen 308-398-6518|
|Contact: Mary Gulzow 308-398-6518|
|Principal Investigator: Mehmet Copur, M.D.|
|Good Samaritan Hospital/Cancer Center||Recruiting|
|Kearney, Nebraska, United States, 68847|
|Contact: Judy Mullen, LPN 308-865-7564 email@example.com|
|Contact: Connie Wittman|
|Principal Investigator: George Bascom, M.D.|
|St. Elizabeth's Regional Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Lincoln, Nebraska, United States, 68510|
|Contact: Amy Akins, R.N. 402-219-7912 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Paul Edwards, Coordinator|
|Principal Investigator: Kevin Yiee, M.D.|
|UNMC Eppley Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Omaha, Nebraska, United States, 68198-6805|
|Contact: Liz Fleissner, RN BSN 402-559-8197 email@example.com|
|Contact: Alice Kueh, Coordinator 402-559-8511 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Kenneth Cowan, M.D., Ph.D.|
|United States, South Dakota|
|Avera Cancer Center||Recruiting|
|Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States, 57105|
|Contact: Cheryl Ageton, R.N., CCRC 605-322-3095|
|Principal Investigator: Amy Krie, M.D.|
|Principal Investigator:||Kenneth H. Cowan, MD, PhD||University of Nebraska|