Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in SPR Taking Antipsychotics
Recruitment status was Recruiting
The purpose of this study is to assess the cross-sectional prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in patients with schizophrenia taking antipsychotics.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
|Official Title:||Prevalence of the Metabolic Syndrome in Patients With Schizophrenia Taking Antipsychotics|
- metabolic syndrome [ Time Frame: cross-sectional ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- each factor of metabolic syndrome [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
|Study Start Date:||December 2007|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||September 2009|
inpatients and outpatients in Seoul National Hospital
Schizophrenic patients taking any kind of antipsychotics for at least 1 year at the Seoul National Hospital will be participated in this study.
we are planning to enroll approximately 1000 patients with schizophrenia.
For each subject
- abdominal circumference
- body mass index
- lipid profile : TG, HDL-chlo, total chol
- systolic/diastolic blood pressure
- fasting blood glucose will be measured.
we will calculate the rates of patients who meet the criteria for the Metabolic syndrome.
- Abdominal obesity : absolute criteria
2 or more of followings
- Triglyceride ≥ 150mg/dL or ongoing treatment
- HDL-cholesterol ＜ 40mg/dL (men) HDL-cholesterol ＜ 50mg/dL (female) or ongoing treatment
- Hypertension 130mmHg ≥ systolic 85mmHg ≥ diastolic or ongoing treatment
- FBS ≥ 100mg/dL or previous diagnosis of type II DM
|Contact: Shi Hyun Kang, M.D.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Korea, Republic of|
|Seoul National Hospital||Recruiting|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 139-757|
|Contact: Shi Hyun Kang, M.D. 82-2-2204-0326 email@example.com|
|Study Director:||Jong-il Lee, M.D.||Seoul National Hospital|