Chevron Osteotomy Versus SCARF Osteotomy in the Treatment of Hallux Valgus
Comparison between two techniques of osteotomy wich are more or less invasive : two criterias : clinical data and x-rays data.
All patients operated for hallux valgus for 01/01/99 to 31/12/03 in the department of bone surgery CHU Limoges :
- Scarf or Jonhson (chevron) osteotomy
- Experienced surgeon : Pr ARNAUD, Pr MABIT or Pr CHARISSOUX.
|Study Design:||Allocation: Non-Randomized
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
|Official Title:||Chevron Osteotomy Versus SCARF Osteotomy in the Treatment of Hallux Valgus|
- Comparison between two techniques of osteotomy wich are more or less invasive : two criterias : clinical data and x-rays data.
- Extension of chevron osteotomy indication. Check of results for one-year more operated patients by chevron osteotomy.
- Comparaison of both techniques concerning post-operative complication.
- Search of significative difference about satisfaction of patients.
|Study Start Date:||June 2006|
|Study Completion Date:||November 2006|
Prospective assessmentfor all patients with an average follow up of 5 years :
- Groulier score scale (similar to AOFAS score rating)
- X-rays data
- Clinical evaluation
- Pedoscopic data.