Benefits Of Using Various Starting Doses Of Atorvastatin On Achievement Of Cholesterol Targets (ACTFAST 2)
European physicians tend to always use the lowest dose of statins to initiate therapy even in subjects who require large reductions in cholesterol. The study evaluates if selecting the starting dose based on baseline and target LDL-C cholesterol would provide better results (ie proportion of subjects resching target)
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Drug: Atorvastatin (Lipitor)
|Study Design:||Allocation: Non-Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||ACTFAST (2): Achieve Cholesterol Targets Fast With Atorvastatin Stratified Titration: A Multicenter, Twelve-Week Treatment, Single-Step Titration, Open-Label Study Assessing The Percentage Of Dyslipidemic High-Risk Patients Achieving Low Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (LDL-C) Target With Atorvastatin Starting Doses Of 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, And 80 mg.|
- Proportion of subjects achieving a LDL-C target of < 100 mg/dL (2.6 mmol/L) after 12 weeks.
- Percentage of subjects achieving:
- LDL-C target <100 mg/dL (<2.6 mmol/L) after 6 weeks of treatment.
- Total cholesterol (TC)/HDL-C ratio target (<4.0) after 6 and 12 weeks of treatment.
- Either the LDL-C <100mg/dL (<2.6 mmol/L) or TC/HDL-C ratio (<4.0) targets after 6 and 12 weeks of treatment.
- Both the LDL-C <100mg/dL (<2.6 mmol/L) and TC/HDL-C ratio (<4.0) targets after 6 and 12 weeks of treatment.
- LDL-C <100mg/dL (<2.6 mmol/L) or TC/HDL-C ratio (<4.0) targets after 6 and 12 weeks of treatment by LDL-C strata.
- LDL-C target (<100 mg/dL) by primary inclusion diagnosis (CHD, CHD-equivalent, diabetes or 10-year CHD risk-equivalent >20%).
- The mean percent change in LDL-C, high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C),TC/HDL-C ratio, non HDL-C (in subjects with triglycerides [TG] ≥200 mg/dL or 2.3 mmol/L), TC and TG from baseline to 6 and 12 weeks of treatment. Change from baseline in apol
|Study Start Date:||January 2003|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||February 2004|
Show 35 Study Locations
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|