Psychiatric Consultation Through Videoconference in a Primary Care Setting
Recruitment status was Not yet recruiting
In our study we will aim to examine the issues of cost analysis, quality of life, clinical efficacy and satisfaction of psychiatric consultations through videoconference in a primary care setting in comparison with in-person psychiatric treatment and primary care only. The main hypotheses of the study are: Satisfaction of the patients will increase, the use of telepsychiatry will reduce the costs for the primary and mental health care centers as well as for the patients, the treatment will be as effective as in-person treatment, the number of patients referred to mental health treatment will be higher than that of the previous year, quality of life will improve and that there will be a stigma reduction of mental illness.
Device: Videoconference equipment FALCON/IP
|Study Design:||Allocation: Non-Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Telepsychiatry: Cost Analysis, Quality of Life, Satisfaction and Effectiveness of Psychiatric Consultation Through Videoconference in a Primary Care Setting|
- Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale (BPRS) at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- Clinical Global Impression Scale (CGI) at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale (HAM-A) at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HAM-D) at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- Global satisfaction questionnaire at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- General Health Questionnaire 11 (GHQ11) at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- Quality of Life Enjoyment and Satisfaction Questionnaire (Q-LES-Q-18) at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
- Costs: Travel expenses, extra consultations, hospitalizations, Medication, loss of work days, medical visitations, ancillary tests such as ECG, lab tests and others at 0 months, 6 months and 12 months.
|Study Start Date:||May 2006|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||November 2007|
|Contact: Mahmud Jabarin, MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Ehud Susser, MDemail@example.com|
|Sha'ar Menashe Mental Health Center Ambulatory Clinic||Recruiting|
|Hadera, Israel, 38814|
|Contact: Mahmud Jabarin, MD +972-4-6278110 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Ehud Susser, MD +972-4-6278946 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Mahmud Jabarin, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Mahmud Jabarin, MD||Sha'ar Menashe Mental Health Center, Israel|
|Study Chair:||Ilan Modai, MD, MHA||Sha'ar Menashe Mental Health Center, Israel|
|Study Chair:||Ehud Susser, MD||Sha'ar Menashe Mental Health Center, Israel|