Treatment for Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
The researchers want to find out the best treatment for cubital tunnel. The researchers establish the degree of nerve compression and then the patients are randomised to different treatment alternatives, ranging from conservative to operative treatments.
The study is performed at 5 different hospitals in Norway.
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Cubital Tunnel Treatment, Evaluation of Conservative and Operative Alternatives|
- pain [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- electroneurography (ENG [ Designated as safety issue: No ]electroneurography (ENG) before and after the operation and to see if it is consistent with the patient evaluation.
- paresthesia [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- weakness [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- patient satisfaction [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||January 2005|
|Study Completion Date:||January 2009|
|Primary Completion Date:||January 2009 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|