Hepatocellular Research Registry
The recruitment status of this study is unknown because the information has not been verified recently.
Verified August 2010 by Vanderbilt University.
Recruitment status was Recruiting
Information provided by:
First received: September 12, 2005
Last updated: August 20, 2010
Last verified: August 2010
This is a registry of human hepatocytes (liver cells) for research purposes.
||Observational Model: Ecologic or Community
Time Perspective: Prospective
||CellzDirect: Hepatocellular Research Registry
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
| Estimated Enrollment:
| Study Start Date:
| Estimated Study Completion Date:
Patients scheduled for partial hepatectomy/liver surgery are asked permission to use their discarded liver tissue for purposes of studying:
- how drugs/medicines affect the liver and
- the effects of storing liver cells in the cold or freezing.
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
Any patient having liver resection operation.
- Persons undergoing partial hepatectomy/liver surgery for any reason.
- Persons with known HIV, hepatitis B virus (HBV), or hepatitis C virus (HCV)
- A diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma without negative serologies
- A diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma, where the total bilirubin has ever been greater or equal to 3.0
- The presence of a biliary drainage tube
- Active sepsis
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00178893
|Nashville, Tennessee, United States, 37232-4753 |
|Contact: Stephanie N Logan, RN, BSN 615-936-8421 firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Principal Investigator: Sunil K Geevarghese, MD, MSCI |
||Sunil K Geevarghese, MD, MSCI
No publications provided
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on May 16, 2013
||Sunil K. Geevarghese. MD, MSCI, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||September 12, 2005
||August 20, 2010
||United States: Institutional Review Board