A Study to Evaluate Rofecoxib Versus Placebo and Diclofenac in Patients With Acute Painful Rotator Cuff Syndrome
Comparing the short-term efficacy of rofecoxib versus placebo. Patients receive rofecoxib or placebo or diclofenac and fill out a patient diary on daytime pain severity during daily activities, night pain severity, and acetaminophen/paracetamol intake.
Drug: MK0966; rofecoxib
Drug: Comparator: diclofenac, placebo
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Randomized, Double-Blind, 7-Day Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Rofecoxib Versus Placebo and Diclofenac in Patients With Acute Painful Rotator Cuff Syndrome|
- Pain during daily activities assessed by a Numerical Rating Score (NRS)
- Functional impairment evaluated using Neer's functional index.
- Global assessment of disease activity by the patient with a NRS.
- Intensity of night pain evaluated by NRS.
- Rescue treatment take during the study duration.
|Study Start Date:||April 2003|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00140933
|Laboratoires Merck Sharp & Dohme - Chibret|
|Paris Cedex 8, France, 75114|
|Study Director:||Medical Monitor||Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.|