Denileukin Diftitox in Treating Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
RATIONALE: Biological therapies, such as denileukin diftitox, may be able to carry cancer-killing substances directly to non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cells.
PURPOSE: This phase II trial is studying how well denileukin diftitox works in treating patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
|Study Design:||Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Phase II Multicenter Study of Ontak® (Denileukin Diftitox) in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory B-Cell Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma|
- Objective clinical response (complete or partial response) [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Time to progression [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Overall survival at 1 year [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Safety [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
|Study Start Date:||December 2004|
|Study Completion Date:||November 2008|
|Primary Completion Date:||February 2006 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Determine the efficacy of denileukin diftitox, in terms of objective response and time to progression, in patients with relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Determine the safety of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the 1-year overall survival of patients treated with this drug.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, multicenter study.
Patients receive denileukin diftitox IV over 20-80 minutes on days 1-3, 8, 15, 22, 29, 36, 43, 50, 57, 64, 71, 78, 85, 92, and 99 (weeks 1-16) in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Patients achieving a partial response at week 16 may continue treatment once monthly for up to 8 additional doses or until a complete response (CR) is achieved. Patients achieving a CR (at any time) receive 2 additional monthly doses of denileukin diftitox beyond CR.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed at 4 weeks and then every 3 months thereafter.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 25-50 patients will be accrued for this study within 1 year.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00138164
|United States, California|
|Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA|
|Los Angeles, California, United States, 90095-1781|
|Principal Investigator:||Lauren C. Pinter-Brown, MD||Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center|