Erectile Dysfunction and Diabetes Mellitus
This study consists of filling out a questionnaire on possible erectile dysfunction.
Procedure: Filling out a questionnaire on the possible occurrence of erectile dysfunction
|Study Design:||Time Perspective: Prospective|
|Official Title:||Erectile Dysfunction and Diabetes Mellitus|
- Documentation of the prevalence of erectile dysfunction in the diabetic convention
- Increase the awareness of diabetologist for erectile dysfunction
- Relation of erectile dysfunction with metabolic parameters
- Relation of erectile dysfunction with sex steroids
- Adjustment of the systematic follow-up of diabetic complications.
- Optimalisation of the healthcare for diabetic patients, so that the quality of life for male diabetic patients can be improved
|Study Start Date:||May 2005|
|Study Completion Date:||March 2007|
Male diabetic patients who attend a diabetic routine year program visit will be asked to give their voluntary permission to fill out a questionnaire on possible erectile dysfunction.
The questionnaire consists of two parts: Part 1 is the IIEF (International Index of Erectile Function) questionnaire and Part 2 is an additional questionnaire. The included patients have to fill out these questionnaires two times; once at the beginning at a diabetic year program visit and a second time one year later at the next diabetic year program consultation.
The patients will also be asked to give their permission for using their results of the routine diabetic year program for scientific research.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00134329
|University Hospital Ghent|
|Ghent, Belgium, 9000|
|Principal Investigator:||Guy T'Sjoen, MD||University Hospital, Ghent|