Olanzapine Versus Placebo in the Treatment of Mania in Adolescents With Bipolar I Disorder
The purpose of this study is to determine the efficacy (how well the drug works), safety, and any side effects of olanzapine compared to placebo in the treatment of mania in bipolar disorder in adolescents. Both the potential benefits and side effects of olanzapine will be evaluated throughout this trial.
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Olanzapine Versus Placebo in the Treatment of Mania in Adolescents With Bipolar I Disorder|
- Assess the efficacy of a flexible dose of olanzapine compared with placebo in the treatment of mania in bipolar I disorder (manic or mixed episode associated with bipolar I disorder, with or without psychotic features) in adolescents
- Assess additional efficacy as measured by Y-MRS,CGI-BP Severity of Illness, CGI-BP Severity of Illness (CGI-BP Severity of Mania, CGI-BP Severity of Depression, and CGI-BP Severity Overall)
- Assess additional efficacy as measured by Children’s Depression Rating Scale-Revised (CDRS- R);Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Rating Scale-IV-Parent Version: Investigator Administered and Scored (ADHDRS-IVPI) and Overt Aggression Scale (OAS).
- Assess the safety of olanzapine and quality of life associated with olanzapine compared with placebo.
- Compare the frequency of response of up to 3-weeks, double-blind treatment and up to an additional 26 weeks of open-label olanzapine treatment
|Study Start Date:||November 2002|
|Study Completion Date:||May 2005|
|United States, Indiana|
|For additional information regarding investigative sites for this trial, contact 1-877-CTLILLY (1-877-285-4559, 1-317-615-4559) Mon-Fri from 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time (UTC/GMT - 5 hrs, EST), or speak with your personal physician.|
|Indianapolis, Indiana, United States|
|Study Director:||Call 1-877-CTLILLY (1-877-285-4559) or 1-317-615-4559 Mon - Fri 9 AM - 5 PM Eastern time (UTC/GMT - 5 hours, EST)||Eli Lilly and Company|