Terms and Conditions for Use of ClinicalTrials.gov Data
The following Terms and Conditions apply for use of ClinicalTrials.gov data. Downloading ClinicalTrials.gov data indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all data obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, independent of format and method of acquisition.
2. ClinicalTrials.gov Database
The U.S. National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, through its National Library of Medicine, has developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members and members of the public current information about clinical research studies. ClinicalTrials.gov contains summary information about clinical trials being conducted throughout the United States and in many countries throughout the world. These data are provided to the National Library of Medicine by organizations and institutions that sponsor and implement the studies. ClinicalTrials.gov is updated daily. YOU SHOULD CHECK ClinicalTrials.gov FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
ClinicalTrials.gov data are available to all requesters, both within and outside the United States, at no charge.
4. Use of ClinicalTrials.gov Data
- Neither the United States Government, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, nor any of its agencies, contractors, subcontractors or employees of the United States Government make any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to data contained in the database, and, furthermore, assume no liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the database.
- In any publication or distribution of these data (1) you should attribute the source of the data as ClinicalTrials.gov; (2) you should update the data such that they are current at all times; (3) you should clearly display the date the data were processed by ClinicalTrials.gov; (4) you should state any modifications made to the content of the data, along with a complete description of the modifications.
- You shall not assert any proprietary rights to any portion of the database, or represent the database or any part thereof to anyone as other than a United States Government database.
- You shall not use any email addresses extracted from our database for marketing or other promotional purposes.